You are invited to join the National Association of REALTORS® along with your peers and colleagues on Wednesday, October 10 at the historic Congress Plaza Hotel in Chicago for the Bring Workers Home: 2012 Workforce Housing Forum.
As the nation continues to seek solutions to the housing crisis facing our country, the need to help working families live in an affordable home near their workplace is more important than ever. Workforce housing is a key part of the real estate market, particularly first-time home buyers.
The Forum, which takes place from 8:30 am to 4:30pm, will focus on the importance of workforce housing in today’s market and in the future; workforce housing challenges in communities; and strategies and best practices to address these challenges. You’ll be given access to a wealth of information, resources and contacts.
Bring Workers Home will feature an outstanding lineup of speakers, including:
- Eric Belsky, Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Paul Bishop, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- Randi DeHollander, Tri-Valley Home Ownership Center
- Samantha DeKoven, Metropolitan Planning Council
- Chis Estes, National Housing Conference
- Jim Flaherty, City of Philadelphia
- Jacky Grimshaw, Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Kim Herman, Washington State Housing Finance Commission
- Mary Kenney, Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Donald Manekin, Seawall Development
- John Mcllwain, Senior Resident Fellow, Urban Land Institute
- JoAnne Poole, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
- Antonio Riley, HUD Regional Administrator, Region V
- Dawn Stockmo, National Community Stabilization Trust
- Brenda Torpy, Champlain Housing Trust
- Maurice “Moe” Veissi, 2012 NAR President
See the complete agenda at www.realtor.org/housingforums.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn from workforce housing experts, connect with your peers and share your story in a dynamic learning environment. It’s full of examples of great programs associations can learn from.
Special Training Opportunity: Employer-Assisted Housing Class
Maximize your forum experience by participating in NAR’s Employer-Assisted Housing Class Thursday, October 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Designed for real estate professionals and their partners, this class will help you understand the benefits of employer-assisted housing and how to work with employers to assist them to implement an EAH benefit plan at their workplace.
Space is limited in the class, so register early! You are encouraged to register as soon as possible to confirm your participation. Online registration will close on September 28.
Please contact Holly Moskerintz at email@example.com.