This page will be continually updated with details regarding changes in event schedules and resources for REALTORS® and local boards in Oklahoma.
BREAKING: Gov. Stitt has amended Executive Order 2020-07 on March 25 to include “real estate and leasing services.” Click here to read the amended executive order. For more info see below.
Governor Stitt’s March 25th amended executive order to combat the spread of COVID-19 included provisions recognizing “Real estate and Leasing services” as an essential service. Watch OAR Legal Counsel Geoffrey Long’s Facebook Live discussing what it means for you business and find a link to an FAQ below:
- OAR’s Key Takeaways & Frequently Asked Questions re: Gov. Stitt’s Executive Order
- Click here to view the letter sent to Governor Stitt on March 20, 2020 requesting this provision.
Other updates from OAR:
- Currently, the physical OAR office (9807 Broadway Ext) is closed, and the OAR staff is working remotely. Any questions or inquiries will likely be solved more quickly through email: email@example.com.
- Talking Real Podcast Episode 111: Real Estate & COVID-19 covers what REALTORS® can do right now to adapt (and stay safe) to changes brought about by the Coronavirus.
National Association of REALTORS® ResourcesNAR has produced several different resources, and 2020 President Vince Malta has recorded a short message of encouragement during this time of uncertainty. All of NAR’s resources can be found at nar.realtor/coronavirus and a few, select resources are linked below:
- Weekly Coronavirus Update (Updated 3.19.20)
- Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
- Coronavirus Resources & Guidance for Employers
- Message from 2020 NAR President Vince Malta
- Coronavirus Emergency Legislation: What REALTORS® Need to Know
- Impact of H.R. 6201 “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” on NAR Members
Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
The OREC office is now closed until further notice, but work is being done remotely.
- All occupational licenses issued by the Commission that expire during the COVID-19 emergency shall be extended until fourteen (14) days after the termination or withdrawal of Governor Stitt’s Executive Order 2020-07 (Amended).
- If you are scheduled to host/teach any classes in-person, you may now teach them online. Reach out to OREC (orec.ok.gov) about letting them know.
- For faster service, please email your name, license number and question/issue to Orec.Help@orec.ok.gov.
For more information, visit OREC.ok.gov.
EventsOAR Events are being rescheduled per guidance from the CDC: We will work to get these events reschedules soon, and provide you with links for registration when the details are finalized.
- March 28-30 NAR Region 9 Conference in Oklahoma City: moved to June 27-29 (narregion9.com)
- March 19 Professional Standards Training in OKC: postponed until TBD
- April 29-30 GRI 201 in Tulsa: postponed until TBD
- April 30 Professional Standards Training in Tulsa: postponed until TBD
C2EXAs we are experiencing uncertainty in the industry and will have less opportunities to attend educational courses, now is the perfect time to check out C2EX. We’ve been challenged by our NAR Region 9 Vice President, Oklahoma’s own Dave Momper, to boost our C2EX numbers this year. Fortunately completing C2EX also fulfills your required NAR Code of Ethics training, so if you have any free time, get that knocked out!