You may have received an email recently from OAR’s Insurance Success Partner Beale Professional Services.
Since the Affordable Care Act (ACA) passed in 2010, health insurance choices have changed dramatically. In light of the new Individual Mandate requiring health insurance coverage, and in order to make choices easier for the OAR membership, we are introducing the OAR Insurance Exchange. This is open to ALL members, not just broker/owners! Our private exchange is a website allowing OAR members (as well as your family members and employees) to quote, compare and apply for individual health insurance.Start Quotes
Why the OAR Insurance Exchange?
Policies offered through the OAR Insurance Exchange are the same policies offered by all the major insurance carriers, and the premiums are exactly the same. However, purchasing insurance through the OAR Exchange offers:
- The ability to shop and compare multiple quotes from multiple carriers in one place.
- Access to our local, licensed insurance professionals.
- A trusted exchange which benefits your association.
- Access to individual health benefits for family members and your employees (full and part-time) who are not insured under a group policy.
Best of Both Worlds
While we fully support the movement toward shopping for and purchasing coverage online via the OAR Private Exchange for those who are comfortable doing so, we recommend contacting Beale directly for any professional guidance you might need. They have many licensed insurance professionals in their office who have been thoroughly trained on the ACA and certified on the Federal “public” exchange, are knowledgeable about the different plan options, can help you select a plan that best fits your needs and guide you through the application process. We encourage OAR members to use the exchange as much as possible as a starting point, and to contact the Beale office at any time for assistance.
Not Just for Individuals
For businesses offering Group Health Insurance, the OAR Insurance Exchange is still an excellent resource for you:
- Dependent Coverage – Members are encouraged to recommend the OAR Insurance Exchange to their staff to obtain quotes for their dependents if they don’t cover them on the Group Health Plan.
- Part-time Staff – Members are encouraged to recommend the OAR Insurance Exchange to part-time staff if they are not eligible to participate in the Group Health Insurance.
- Group or No Group – The OAR Insurance Exchange can help employers determine if offering Group Health Insurance is beneficial. Please contact our office to discuss the pros and cons of providing Group Health Insurance.
If you have any questions about these or any other insurance products, please contact our friends at Beale Professional Services to help navigate through all your insurance options.Start Quotes