February 3, 2021 marks the 100th Anniversary of the Oklahoma Association of REALTORS®.
Since receiving the initial charter from the National Association of Real Estate Boards, plenty has changed in the real estate industry and for our association. Over the course of this 100th Anniversary year, OAR looks to celebrate the moments which have shaped us. We’re calling it “100 Moments from 100 Years.”
But we are not the only ones who get input as to what has shaped us for the last century. In fact, we hope you will take the chance to submit some moments to consider as the OAR Communications Committee meets to determine the Top 100 moments.
Will you send us your ideas and moments? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
Consider these moments as inspiration:
- February 3, 1921 – The Oklahoma Association of Real Estate Boards is granted its charter from the National Association of Real Estate Boards.
- 1937 – The association passes a resolution calling for the development and enactment of a “license law” to govern real estate professionals.
- 1957 – The association recognizes its first REALTOR® of the Year – Bob Dwyer.
- 1998 – OklahomaRealtors.com debuts.
- 2015 – OAR hits all advocacy and RPAC fundraising targets to win the prestigious NAR President’s Cup for the first time in state history. The President’s Cup is only awarded to states that are able to achieve a variety of goals at very high levels.
Email your top moments in the history of our association to email@example.com by noon on Wednesday, February 10, 2021.